My Logic In Life

- Never argue with fools, others may not know the difference.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Coincidence?

Oct 20th

It all started this diwali.

Jobless me hasn't been doing anything lately other than worrying about my future and of course playing online games. But this diwali I was determined to have a good day for once. If you had visited this blog on diwali you would have seen a flash animation wishing 'Happy Diwali' . I did it on the night before diwali staying up very late. The next day I woke up really early, in fact I was the first one to get up in my house which added up to the enthusiasm as I had done something I have never done before. I expected to be woken up by the sound of atom bombs and sara vedis but there wasn't even a bijili vedi till 7 am. Though its a good sign it still did add a gloom. Next, my mom didn't make any special dishes! no vada sambahar on diwali!!!. She just said that she didn't fell like doing anything. Now, I am not really a connoisseur of home food but today was different. So just not to get frustrated I thought of playing chess. I logged on to yahoo chess and guess what it just wouldn't load. I somehow managed the day playing at freechess.org.

The next day was the worst.

Oct 21th

I wasn't exactly in a good mood when I woke up. It seemed everyone in my family felt the gloom too. So they all decided that we should go out to any of our relatives house . As usual I didn't want to go but this time they weren't ready to let me out and started pestering me to come. Frustrated I just yelled that I'll come the next time. And so they put off the plan and decided to stay home. Hardly few minutes later my aunt(atthai) called and said that my uncle(mama) suddenly fell unconscious and that he has been taken to the hospital. It was actually a heart attack and my worst fears were conformed... the attack had killed him.

Now whats the coincidence here?
1. All through the day I had this guilty feeling. If I had agreed to my parents request then we would have most probably gone to my aunts house and had we been there during this mishap there is slight chance that we could have rushed him to the hospital sooner.
2. I wasn't interested in meeting any of my relatives and this misfortune made me meet all of them within hours of expressing my displeasure.

It just doesn't end there. My mom keeps telling everyone that she had this eerie feeling that something bad is gonna happen and thats why she didn't feel like doing anything on diwali. She also told something very much similar to #1.

And heres one more.
My chittapa who went to the beach along with my mama's son to dissolve the ashes lost his cell phone when he strayed into the water. It so happens that only two days ago my mama wanted to buy a cell phone.

2 Comments:

At 7:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty sad. Sometimes its better we dont think too much and blame ourselves for happenings around us.

And I know the feeling of not meeting up anyone,im also started feeling the same now itself, and hoping for a change.Its just that god is testing our patients. We shall soon clear this phase.

 
At 2:10 AM , Blogger Gayathri said...

It is better not to think about those things and blame ourselves on what would have happened if we would have acted differently. And whether we would have been able to do anything concrete.
But these eerie feelings.. Felt the same way when my grandma passed away 5 years ago. Hmmmm...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home